Version 2 of the SyncServer S600/S650 was released this month. This new software release from Microsemi updates the SyncServer S600 and S650 Network Time Servers with new features and support.
In addition to the best-in-class features already present in the initial release of the S600 / S650 NTP Servers, the new Version 2 adds support for:
- Support for IEEE 1588 Precise Time Protocol (PTP) Grandmaster operations
- Support for Multi-GNSS Constellation Support, for Enhanced Reliability
(GLONASS, BeiDou, and SBAS in addition to the standard GPS constellation)
- New time code output formats for any signal and connector with FlexPort™ Support
- New and enhanced security features in the Security License Option
- Enhanced performance for the security hardened NTP Reflector™
now capable of 360,000 NTP requests per second
The new Version 2 firmware for the S600 / S650 is free for users with a current Software Support & Maintenance Contract.
Note: A year ago, Microsemi issued the product lifecycle bulletin below:
- SyncServer S100 / S2xx / S3xx model Product Discontinuance Notice (PDF)
- SyncServer S100 / S2xx / S3xx models are no longer being manufactured
- SyncServer S100 / S2xx / S3xx models are End of Life (EOL) in 2018
If these products are supporting your production network(s), you may be at risk. Empowered recommends Microsemi’s S600 or S650 as a replacement solution.
For more info on the Microsemi SyncServer 600 / 650:
For Existing SyncServer 600 / 650 Customers:
Customers with a current Software Support & Maintenance Contract can download and install Version 2.