We’re reaching out to owners of the SyncServer line of NTP Servers, from Microchip (formerly Symmetricom). If someone else is responsible for NTP and Timing within your organization, please share this post.
Over a year ago, Microchip issued the product lifecycle bulletin below:
- SyncServer S100 / S2xx / S3xx model Product Discontinuance Notice (PDF)
- SyncServer S100 / S2xx / S3xx models are no longer being manufactured
- SyncServer S100 / S2xx / S3xx models are End of Life (EOL) in 2018
If these products are supporting your production network(s), you may be at risk.
Recommended Replacement: The new SyncServer S600 / S650
We recommend Microchip’s newly re-engineered SyncServer S600 and S650 models as a replacement product. Highlights of these new models include:
- Direct replacement of S100 / S2xx / S3xx, with existing cabling & antenna
- Four GbE ports standard, all with patented NTP hardware timestamping
- Security-hardened, with Denial-of-Service (DoS) detection and protection
- Unique NTP Reflector™ with extreme performance, security & firewall protection
- Exceptional Accuracy – <15ns RMS to UTC, <1×10-12 Frequency Accuracy
- Dual Power Supply option, PTP Support Options, and much more…
For full details, visit https://sync.empowerednetworks.com/products/
Empowered can help.
Empowered can help you verify any affected products in your network. We can:
- Verify the date the unit was manufactured, and any concerns
- Confirm current warranty coverage, and quote ongoing maintenance & support
- Discuss options for replacing your unit(s) and/or reducing risks in the short term
- Configure a solution that delivers the accuracy, reliability and security you need
It’s our role to provide the information you need to make it an easy decision for you.
If you have other Microchip or Symmetricom products, we can help in the same way.
Empowered is Microchip’s go-to partner in Canada for sales, support, professional services, training and more, since we partnered with Symmetricom in 2004. We’ve built a deep, unique partnership founded upon our expertise in timing & synchronization, our support credentials, and our experience working with different customer segments.
For more details, visit https://sync.empowerednetworks.com/.