High Performance, Enhanced Security Network Time Server
The new SyncServer S600 GPS / GNSS, Stratum 1 network time server with security-hardened NTP Reflector™ technology improves the security, accuracy and the reliability of the time services on the network for IT network administrators working to provide network time services in hardened network operations.
The S600 network time server is purpose built to deliver exact hardware based Network Time Protocol (NTP) timestamps. The unparalleled accuracy and security is rounded out with outstanding ease-of-use features for reliable network time services ready to meet the needs of the user network and business operations today, and in the future.
Secure, precision network synchronization and accurate time stamping across distributed systems are critical to a wide range of enterprise IT markets for regulatory compliance, data analysis, data logging, auditing and many other applications. In high frequency trading markets, for example, recent financial regulations like ESMA’s MiFID II directive mandate more stringent than ever level timing accuracy and time stamp granularity. As financial markets and market participants are highly interconnected, these regulations have a ripple effect on market participants worldwide. Never has it been more important to choose a network timekeeping architecture, such as Microchip’s SyncServer S600, that will be accurate, reliable, and compliant to the new MiFID regulations and forthcoming SEC requirements.
High Security and Capacity
The four standard GbE ports combined easily handle more than 10,000 NTP requests per second using hardware time stamping and compensation. All traffic to the S600 CPU is bandwidth limited for protection against denial-of-service (DOS) attacks. For significantly more robust and secure NTP operations, enable the security-hardened NTP Reflector with 100% hardware-based NTP packet processing capable of 360,000 NTP requests per second.
IEEE 1588 PTP Grandmaster
Applications demanding precise time accuracy can benefit from the IEEE 1588 Precise Time Protocol (PTP). The S600 PTP output license enables PTP grandmaster operations leveraging the built-in hardware timestamping on each LAN port of the S600.
Unprecedented NTP Accuracy
The Stratum 1 level S600 derives nanosecond accurate time directly from the atomic clocks aboard the GNSS satellites. By using an integrated, 72-channel GNSS receiver, every visible satellite can be tracked and used to maintain accurate and reliable time. Even in urban canyon environments where direct satellite visibility can be limited, manually inputting the position can be sufficient to acquire accurate time even from a single intermittent satellite.
Multi-GNSS Constellation Support for Enhanced Reliability
Timing integrity, satellite signal continuity, and timing reliability can be improved with the Multi-GNSS constellation license that adds support for GLONASS, BeiDou, and SBAS constellations in addition to the standard GPS constellation. With more satellites in view, timing performance can be improved in challenging environments, such as urban canyons. All SyncServer S600’s ship with GNSS hardware ready to be enabled with a software license.
Timing and Design Reliability
The 72 channel GNSS receiver, coupled with Microchip’s patented Active Thermal Compensation Technology, provides best-in-class time accuracy of <15ns RMS to UTC. Backstop this with a durable hardware design subjected to severe shock and vibration testing, and high reliability components that extend the operating temperature range to a very wide -20DegC to 65DegC. Further choose the dual power supply option with SNMP trap enabled monitoring to avoid time service interruptions. As with all Microchip time servers, upgrading to a high performance oscillator such as a Rubidium atomic clock, keeps the S600 accurate for a long time in the event of a GNSS service disruption.
Four GbE ports for Performance, Flexibility and Security
The S600 has four dedicated and isolated GbE Ethernet ports, each equipped with NTP hardware time stamping. These are connected to a very high-speed microprocessor with microsecond accurate time stamps to assure high-bandwidth NTP performance. This more than meets the need of servicing 10,000 NTP requests per second.
Intuitive, Secure and Easy to Use Web Interface
The modern web interface is the primary control interface for the S600. Once the keypad and display are used to bring the unit online, complete status and functions are easily found via the well-organized left side expanding/collapsing navigation menu. At-a-glance dashboard presentation combined with logical organization and intuitive controls make configuring the S600 quite easy.
Standard Management Access Security
All of the expected network management protocols are standard in the S600. These include mandatory password access, HTTPS/SSL only (using the high encryption cipher suite), SSH, access control lists, service termination, SNMPv2/v3 and NTP MD5 authentication. All traffic to S600 is bandwidth-limited for protection against the DoS attacks.
- Ultra high-bandwidth NTP time server
- Stratum 1 Operations via GNSS satellites
- Four standard GbE ports, all with patented NTP hardware timestamping
- Built-in DoS detection and protection
- Security-hardened NTP ReflectorTM with firewall protection
- Web-based protection with high security cipher suite
- Exceptional time accuracy to UTC
- Extended environmental specifications
- TACACS+, RADIUS, LDAP and more
- IPv6/IPv4 on all ports
- Rubidium Atomic Clock or OCXO oscillator upgrades
- Dual Power Supply Option
- GLONASS / BeiDou / SBAS option
- PTP Grandmaster option
- Synchronizes hundreds of thousands of NTP clients
- Security-hardened for peace-of-mind time service operations
- Multiple GbE NTP ports for easy network configuration and adaptation
- Best-in-class time accuracy for improved log file and timestamp precision and usability
- Very reliable and easy-to-use network time appliance for modern networks and business operations
- SyncServer S600
- SyncServer Options
- SyncServer S600 & S650 Comparison
- SyncServer S600 / S650 Software Support & Extended Warranty
- SyncServer S6xx Antenna Configurator
- Down/Up Converter
- Security hardened NTP Reflector and Packet Limiting/Monitoring
- Multi-GNSS Constellation Technology SyncServer S6xx Series
- Dual Power Supply Technology for SyncServer S6xx Series
- Timing Architecture for SyncServer S6xx Series
- MiFID II Compliance: Financial Regulations Synchronized with the Latest Timekeeping Technology
- Solving Time Synchronization in Windows Based Networks
- Importance of Network Time Synchronization for Enterprise Solutions
- A Hidden Security Danger: Network Timing
- 5 Essential Elements of Network Time Synchronization
- Five Dangers of Poor Network Timekeeping
- Windows Timekeeping
Misc. and Quality Documents
- SyncServer S6xx – Declaration of Conformity
- SyncServer S6xx – Certificate of Volatility
- SyncServer S6xx – Certificate of Origin
- SyncServer S6xx – REACH Declaration of Conformance
- Environmental Policy TR1
- SyncServer S600 – Product Flyer (Sales Collateral)
- SyncServer® BlueSky™ Software Option GPS Jamming and Spoofing Detection, Protection, Analysis
SyncServer S6xx – MIB
SyncServer S6xx – Models
SyncServer Software Releases
Learn about SyncServer Software Releases by taking the following steps:
- Login to https://my.Microchip.com
- File Search on “S600” or “S650”
- Select “System Release Notices” on the left and Apply
System Release Notices for all SyncServer S600/S650 software releases will be listed for you to learn about the details of each.