Time & Frequency Standard with NTP and PTP Time Server
The new SyncServer S650 Time and Frequency Instrument provides unprecedented synchronization flexibility and performance using Microsemi FlexPort™ technology. The GPS referenced S650 is designed for modern electronics systems and networks that require best-in-class synchronization performance easily adaptable to a wide range of applications.
The modular Microsemi S650 combines the best of time and frequency instrumentation with unique flexibility and powerful network/security-based features. The level of timing signal flexibility is powerful and can even eliminate the need for additional signal distribution chassis as there is no degradation in the precise quality of the coherent output signals.
The base Timing I/O module with eight BNC connectors comes standard with the most popular timing I/O signals (IRIG A, IRIG B, IRIG E, IRIG G, 10 MHz, 1PPS and so on). When more flexibility is required, the unique Microsemi FlexPort Technology option enables six of the BNCs to output any supported signal (time codes, sine waves, programmable rates), all configurable in real time via the secure web interface. The incredible BNC-by-BNC configuration makes very efficient and cost-effective use of the 1U space available.
Timing and Design Reliability
The 72-channel GNSS receiver coupled with Microsemi’s patented Active Thermal Compensation Technology provides excellent accuracy of <15ns RMS to UTC (USNO). Backstop this with a durable hardware design subjected to MIL STD 810G testing, high-reliability components extending the operating temperature range to a very wide -20DegC to 65DegC and a dual power supply option. Further, upgrading to a high performance oscillator, such as Rubidium atomic clock, keeps the S650 accurate for long periods in the event of a GNSS service disruption.
Ultra High Performance NTP Time Server
The S650 can effortlessly support hundreds of thousands of network clients while maintaining microsecond caliber NTP timestamp accuracy. NTP time server request throughput rates exceed 10,000 requests/second while maintaining NTP timestamp accuracy. If the Security License option is enabled, the NTP ReflectorTM can process over 360,000 NTP requests per second with 15ns caliber timestamp accuracy with the added benefit of security-hardening the NTP port. This can easily translate into sub-millisecond NTP client synchronization accuracy on a LAN.
IEEE 1588 PTP Grandmaster
Applications demanding very precise time accuracy can deploy IEEE-1588, the precise time protocol (PTP). The S650 IEEE-1588 PTP output license enables PTP multi-port/profile grandmaster operations leveraging the built-in hardware timestamping on each LAN port of the S650, including the GbE ports and the optional 10 GbE ports. Each port can be configured as a unique PTP grandmaster with different profiles and settings enabling a single S650 to operate as multiple grandmasters on the network simultaneously.
Superior Low Phase Noise
For applications requiring superior low phase noise (LPN) 10 MHz signals, two different LPN modules are available. Each module has eight extremely isolated 10 MHz LPN outputs, with each module offering excellent levels of LPN or Ultra LPN performance.
Multi-GNSS Constellation Support for enhanced Reliability
Timing integrity, satellite signal continuity, and timing reliability can be improved with the GNSS option that adds support for GLONASS, BeiDou, and SBAS constellations. With more satellites in view, timing performance can be improved in challenging environments, such as urban canyons. All SyncServer S650s ship with GNSS hardware ready to be enabled with a software license. The S650 is also available without GNSS in the S650i model.
The four standard GbE ports, and optional two 10 GbE SFP+ ports, accommodate more than 10,000 NTP requests per second using hardware time stamping and compensation. All network traffic to the S650 CPU is bandwidth-limited for protection against denial-of-service (DoS) attacks. For more secure NTP operations, enable the optional Security-Hardened NTP ReflectorTM capable of 360,000 NTP requests per second all with 100% hardware-based NTP packet processing. The reflector is also a CPU-protecting firewall, bandwidth limiting non-NTP traffic to the CPU. It is also equipped with DoS detection, notification and protection against abnormally high NTP traffic.
Leverage Built-In Hardware
The SyncServer S650 includes additional built-in hardware features that are enabled through software license keys, such as the Security-Hardened NTP Reflector, PTP outputs and PTP input.
Standard Management Access Security
All of the expected network management protocols are standard in the S650. These include mandatory password access, HTTPS/SSL only (using the high encryption cipher suite), SSH, access control lists, service termination, SNMPv2/v3 and NTP MD5 authentication. All traffic to S650 is bandwidth-limited for protection against the DoS attacks.
Intuitive, Secure and Easy to Use Web Interface
The modern web interface is the primary control interface for the S650. Once the keypad and display are used to bring the unit online, complete status and functions are easily found via the well-organized left side expanding/collapsing navigation menu. At-a-glance dashboard presentation combined with logical organization and intuitive controls make configuring the S650 quite easy.
- <15ns RMS to UTC (USNO) via GPS, typical
- <1×10-12 Frequency Accuracy
- Modular timing architecture with unique and innovative FlexPortTM technology
- Most popular timing signal inputs/outputs are standard in the base Timing I/O module (IRIG B, 10 MHz, 1 PPS, etc.)
- Additional timecode I/O including IRIG A/B/C37/E/G/NASA/2137/XR3 available
- Four GbE ports standard, all with patented NTP hardware timestamping, two additional 10 GbE ports optional
- Web-based management with high-security cipher suite
- -20DegC to 65DegC operating temperature, shock and vibration qualified
- IPv6/IPv4 on all ports
- Rubidium Atomic Clock or OCXO oscillator upgrades
- Dual power supply option
- Superior 10 MHz low phase noise options
- GLONASS / BeiDou / SBAS option
- PTP multi-port/profile grandmaster output option
- PTP Input option
- S650i model with no GNSS receiver installed
- 1PPS Measurement option
- FlexPortTM timing technology efficiently and cost-effectively adds innovative “any signal, any connector” technology, eliminating the wasted space inherent with legacy style fixed-signal modules/BNCs
- Multiple GbE network ports for easy network configuration and adaptation
- Reliable and rugged design for long product life and wide application scope
- Many security-hardened, network-based feature for stringent IA requirements
- SyncServer S650
- SyncServer Options
- SyncServer S600 & S650 Comparison
- SyncServer S600 / S650 Software Support & Extended Warranty
- SyncServer S6xx Antenna Configurator
- Down/Up Converter
- FlexPort Technology – SyncServer S6xx Series
- Security hardened NTP Reflector and Packet Limiting/Monitoring
- Multi-GNSS Constellation Technology SyncServer S6xx Series
- Dual Power Supply Technology for SyncServer S6xx Series
- Timing Architecture for SyncServer S6xx Series
Misc. and Quality Documents
SyncServer S6xx MIB
SyncServer S6xx – Models
SyncServer Software Releases
Learn about SyncServer Software Releases by taking the following steps:
- Login to https://my.microsemi.com
- File Search on “S600” or “S650”
- Select “System Release Notices” on the left and Apply
System Release Notices for all SyncServer S600/S650 software releases will be listed for you to learn about the details of each.