Ruggedized Stratum 1 Network Time Server
The Microchip SyncServer S80 is a fully integrated GPS/GLONASS antenna, receiver, NTP server, and Power over Ethernet (PoE) interface that easily integrates into existing PoE infrastructure to immediately be the source of accurate, secure, and reliable time stamps for all network connected devices. Network isolated physical security systems benefit as the ruggedized Stratum 1 network time server is ideal for time-synchronizing IP security cameras, access control devices, and digital/network video recorders. SyncServer S80 is also suitable for synchronizing the time on small enterprise networks.
For robust and secure NTP operations, SyncServer S80 is equipped with the Microchip security-hardened NTP Reflector™ technology with 100% hardware-based NTP packet processing.Unlike other NTP servers that use the open-source NTP daemon with its documented vulnerabilities, NTP Reflector also works as a CPU-protecting firewall, with bandwidth filtering and limiting of all non-NTP traffic. NTP packet processing is capable of 500 NTP requests per second, and optionally 1000 NTP requests per second, all the while protecting the CPU from excessive NTP request loading that negatively affects time stamp accuracy, reduces the availability of time stamps, and increases susceptibility to CPU freezing or system reset. NTP Reflector supports the NTP mode 3 client requests for time. All time stamps are accurate to 100 nanoseconds to UTC, keeping network elements precisely synchronized and ensuring high-integrity time stamps for video records and log files.
SyncServer S80 represents the latest in NTP Stratum 1 time server technology. By fully integrating the GPS/GLONASS receiver, antenna, and time server in a single unit, the mean time between failure is more than 40 years. Coupled with the GbE network interface, SNMP notifications, DHCP, and IPv4/IPv6 support, a user can expect a long and useful life from SyncServer S80 as the surrounding network environment changes over time.
Physical Security Network Ready
Whether the physical security network is stationary or moving, SyncServer S80 is ready for plug-and-play delivery of accurate and secure NTP time stamps. Both static and dynamic modes are available to accommodate fixed landbased installations or mobile applications such as seaborne or land mobile. The PoE interface makes SyncServer S80 ready to plug into the nearest PoE switch or midspan. A few simple commands are all that are needed to configure SyncServer S80 for set-and-forget NTP network timing services.
- Security-hardened Stratum 1 NTP server
- Fully ruggedized and integrated GPS/GLONASS receiver, NTP server, and PoE network interface
- Secure Microchip NTP Reflector technology
- 100-nanosecond time stamp accuracy
- 500 NTP requests per second standard, 1000 optional
- Hardware-based time stamps
- Modern GbE interface with IPv4 / IPv6 / SNMP / DHCP support
- Stationary or moving platforms
- Mounting hardware included
- Ideal for video physical security networks isolated from the internet that need accurate time stamps
- GbE PoE for easy installation and integrations with existing video physical security networks
- NTP Reflector technology for secure NTP operations compared to vulnerable open source-based NTP servers
- Environmentally hardened for all weather installations
- Financial Regulations Synchronized with the Latest Timekeeping Technology
- Solving Time Synchronization in Windows Based Networks
- Importance of Network Time Synchronization for Enterprise Solutions
- A Hidden Security Danger: Network Timing
- 5 Essential Elements of Network Time Synchronization
- Five Dangers of Poor Network Timekeeping
- Windows Timekeeping