World Class Timing Performance
Microsemi’s SyncSystem 4380A builds upon the legacy of the DVB SyncSource 4307A with a completely updated product design that uses high end components and advanced algorithms to deliver world class performance for the most demanding precise time and frequency applications.
A Rubidium (Rb) atomic oscillator is combined with a high performance Oven Controlled Crystal Oscillator (OCXO) and a semi-codeless dual band L1/L2 GPS receiver to provide excellent frequency and time accuracy, outstanding frequency stability, and very low phase noise.
Configurable and Scalable
The 4380A is packaged in a 1U rack-mountable unit supporting hot-swappable input/output cards that provide configurability and scalability. The cards can be operated in any of the six card slots located at the rear panel of the unit, and the unit will automatically detect and configure the system based on the card(s) installed.
Standard input/output card options for the 4380A include:
- 4394A Pulse Output
- 4395B-10 (10 MHz)
- 4395B-5 (5 MHz)
- 4395-1 (1 MHz)
- 4387A, 4387A-6V, 4387A-1V (Modulated IRIG/NASA36)
- 4393A Time Interval Counter (TIC)
Additional input/output cards are available upon request for specialty applications.
The unit also has the capability to incorporate an ultra high stability external atomic oscillator, e.g., Microsemi’s 5071A Cesium beam tube and/or MHM 2010 Active Hydrogen Maser, when available. This capability further enhances the performance of the unit without requiring additional upgrades. The external frequency reference may be monitored by the 4380A via RS232 through either of the USB connectors on the rear of the unit using an adapter cable. External references can extend the time of operation without being impacted by a GPS outage to days or even months.
Reliable and Maintainable
The 4380A is includes redundant hot swappable power supplies (AC, DC or a combination) for increased reliability. Software and operating system upgrades can be accomplished remotely via the 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet connection, reducing maintenance costs and enabling system configuration management and control.
- Timing accuracy: < 10 ns RMS
- Frequency accuracy: < 1E-13 @ 1 day
- Phase noise: -110 dBc/Hz (1 Hz Offset)
- Holdover: 250 ns @ 1 day
- Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- Hot-swappable user input/output modules
- Redundant and hot-swappable power supplies
- L1/L2 GPS receiver mitigates effect of ionospheric delay changes and supports advanced GPS processing
- Remote software upgrades via network
- External frequency reference input enables augmented timing performance when higher stability frequency standard is available